scYtee re-applying for administrator

Home Forums Counter-Strike Source/Global Offensive Accepted Applications scYtee re-applying for administrator

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steelshield 2 weeks, 6 days ago. This post has been viewed 154 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

scYtee
    Server Admin
    • Topics started: 3
    • Replies: 3
    • Total posts: 6
    • PM user

I would like to re-apply for administrator. I have previously been an admin in the Surfburken community, but I chose to resign as I lost motivation for Counter-Strike after losing my entire inventory to gambling. Now I am back with even more energy than last time and I am ready to again roam the many servers of Surfburken and help those in need. 

// Most of the answers has been taking from my previous application which were accepted a year ago //

http://surfburken.se/forums/topic/scytees-administrator-application-%E2%89%A7%E2%97%A0%E2%97%A1%E2%97%A0%E2%89%A6/

– Age(15+): 17
    – Full STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:104449612
    – Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198169164952
    – Nickname you use: scYtee

*1. What game and server do you wish to apply for?

I would like to re-apply for administrator on the Trouble in Terrorist Town Counter-Strike server.

*2. Why do you want to be an administrator for SURFBURKEN, what do you think you can improve and what difference could you make for the community?

I want to be an administrator on the Trouble in Terrorist Town server, because I believe I can make a difference. I have played a lot of Trouble in Terrorist Town, and the worst thing is when you get RDM’ed. I have been administrator on several different Counter-Strike and Team Fortress, so I know how to handle the various different situations that I might occur.

*3. Have you worked with servers before and if so, for how long?

Yes I have as mentioned above. I have been operating on many different servers. I have been Head Admin for the a Team Fortress 2 community called The Viking Community. I have also been admin on a pair of Danish jailbreak servers. Beside those have I been moderator and other positions on some Minecraft servers as well.

*4. Do you have any experience of Sourcemod / Sourcebans or server commands overall from before? (If you don’t have any, we will learn you the basics of understanding Sourcemod/Sourcebans).

Yes I have experience operating Sourcemod and Sourcebans. I will most likely not need any help with it and if I do, I will make sure to ask. 

*5. Do you know how the Sourcemod menu works and it’s functions? (If you don’t know we will explain the basics and show you).

I know how the sourcemod menu works.

*6. Do you think you are suitable as an administrator and, if so, why?

I believe I am qualified to be an administrator as I have a lot of past knowledge on how servers run as I have been helping to run other servers and have moderated on past servers before. My traits and qualities lead me to believe I would make a great administrator for Surfburken.

Administrator characteristics that I possess are:

Fairness – I am a fair person who is thoughtful & considerate of other players. I try to see other people’s point of view before reacting to situations so I can make correct judgments towards them.

Humorousness – I love to have a laugh with online players as this helps to relax them and makes the community more enjoyable and happier in general.

Trustworthiness – I am a person who can be trusted with responsibilities and can be relied on to fulfil tasks given to me, and to help maintain the server.

Confidence – I am confident when dealing with all ages of people and speak in a positive & inspiring manner to help players feel better about themselves. I am courteous to players and try to be friendly and happy while online. I try to be available to anyone that needs me so I may help them in any situation. I am a very sociable person that can make conversation with any one at any time.

Selflessness – I believe myself to be a selfless person, which means that I put others before myself and care for the needs of others all the time. When I leave school, I’d love to work as a student councillor and help students with anything from a little problem to something as big as self-harm. I feel for anyone who has an issue, no matter how great or small. People around me, some close, and others not, have or do self-harm or have suicidal thoughts. It is a common thing in this generation and to try and put an end to their pain and suffering is something that really matters to me. I know I can’t be there for everyone, but I want to be looked up to, trusted and be reliable so that people can come to me with their troubles if needed, and give me the chance to help them to the best of my ability.

*7. How much would you play every week, will you be active and play inside our servers watching over them regularly?

I play a lot every week. It ranges from 4-8 hours a day unless I have some school project or anything. One thing to mention is, I do prioritize family and school over the computer games.

*8. (Describe in details) What would you do if you saw:

*8a) Two players arguing in the server, doesn’t look like they’re gonna stop soon.

I would confront the two players and ask them what the problem is, so I could try and solve it with them. If that doesn’t workI will ask them to stop arguing in the public chat, and take it to a private forum. If none of that works I’ll warn them, and maybe even give them a short mute depending on the situation.

*8b) The player named FizKy is harassing you (You’re the ADMIN)

I would first of all ask him why he is harassing me so I could try and solve it. If that doesn’t work I will warn him and mute him.

*8c) A player is cheating in the server. (Wallhack, Aimbot etc)

I would look further into the case, and make sure he is actually hacking before I ban him permanently from the server.

*9. In what country do you live and which city? (Only mention the city).

I live in Denmark in a smaller town called Ringkøbing

*10. How many hours do you consider you have played on the server that you are applying for?

I have been playing on the Surfburken Trouble in Terrorist town for 3 days and 17:46 hours. I have 500+ hours experience of Trouble in Terrorist Town spread across different servers.

*11a) Tell us a little about yourself:

My name is Frederik and I am 17 years old.I enjoy playing Counter Strike in my spare time, where I often play with some friends. I am a very social person, meaning I am always ready to talk and answer questions.

*11b) Do you have any other skills or interests that might be useful to SURFBURKEN such as server management, Photoshopping etc.?

I don’t think so. But I would love to learn certain things so that I can contribute even better to the SURFBURKEN community. 

*12. Do you have anything else to add for your application, anything else you would like to mention or say?

No I don’t think so.

*13. Do you understand all of the information provided and the rules before submitting this application? (Only a YES or NO statement).

Yes I have read the rules and all of the informaion.

*14. Will you be active on the forum?

I will do my best to stay active on the forums!

Thanks for taking your time to read my application.

Have a nice day

scYtee

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Steelshield.

EMPTY
    Server Admin
    • Topics started: 4
    • Replies: 16
    • Total posts: 20
    • PM user

-Rep

The little I have seen of you, this being just recently on arena, is not positive.

You were recklessly accusing another player of hacking with no reason to, showing lack of game knowledge and from what I gathered poor judgement.

/EMPTY

Trollet
    Server Admin
    • Topics started: 9
    • Replies: 49
    • Total posts: 58
    • PM user

+rep

-Did a great job as admin before in my opinon.

-Knows the rules well.

-I think he is mature enough to become an admin again.

-Just an overall nice person to talk to.

Good luck with your application! Best regards //Trollet

scYtee
    Server Admin
    • Topics started: 3
    • Replies: 3
    • Total posts: 6
    • PM user

-Rep The little I have seen of you, this being just recently on arena, is not positive. You were recklessly accusing another player of hacking with no reason to, showing lack of game knowledge and from what I gathered poor judgement. /EMPTY

I’d like to point out that Spartan, the person I accused of hacking, is a friend of mine of which I have been playing on the arena server for a while now. It was all meant for fun and I was not serious about anything about it at all. 

Things like that will of course not happen if I happen to get re-accepted. 

Steelshield
    • Topics started: 4
    • Replies: 141
    • Total posts: 145
    • PM user

Hello scYtee, I have read your application and I will accept your application based on the these reasons:

–You have good answers on 8a, b and c.
    –You have experience of soucecommands and the administrive parts in CS.
    –You have a lot of play time on the server , so i expect you to know how things works.

I am going to set you up as a Trial Admin for the time being. If all goes well you will get promoted to Admin after 3-4 weeks.

I want you to contact me on steam; http://steamcommunity.com/steelshield or on our TeamSpeak: teamspeak.surfburken.se:10027.
    So we can talk further about your new position.

Also I want you to read these four links (you need to be logged in to read them):
    How to record a player
    Sourcemod /Sourcebans
    Information for admins
    Guideline for general rules

Head Admin / Admin Application Responsible
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SteelShield/
    Contact Email: SteelShield@surfburken.se

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Accepted Applications’ is closed to new topics and replies.