Punish hoppers?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bohtar 2 months, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 232 times

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Bohtar
    • Topics started: 2
    • Replies: 13
    • Total posts: 15
    • PM user

Should “hoppers” get punished?

I’ve seen a big problem in Jailbreak where after an event day people who have gotten “punishment rounds” will often leave and do something else for cirka 10-20 minutes so that they can skip their punishment rounds. I along side with some other players think that people who “hopp” (As I call it) should get punished for doing what they are doing. Maybe let us admins slay them when they join for one round, or give us the privilege to give them a 5-10 minutes cool down timer before they can join the server (For instants let us kick/ban them for 5-10 minutes) Otherwise people just bypass the system and kill the whole purpose of having punishment rounds.

//With best regards Bohtar!

Torch
    • Topics started: 7
    • Replies: 53
    • Total posts: 60
    • PM user

Will be hard to punish players. How do you know that a player is a “hopper” or just has to go because they have an activity/dinner etc??

Bohtar
    • PM user

Well they tend to leave right after reciving the punishment and joining back cirka 10-20 minutes later (When 2 rounds have past) or hop on and see how many rounds have passed. After 2 rounds they join back and play is if nothing had happened.

//Bohtar

Torch
    • Topics started: 7
    • Replies: 53
    • Total posts: 60
    • PM user

Maybe add a rule that hopping gives you a 30-60 (idk really) long ban and that if you have to go afterwards don’t rebel

i guess

Bohtar
    • PM user

Yeah probably the best way, except for the duration of the ban. I was thinking more like 10-20 minutes might increase depending on how often you hop.

//Bohtar

Lithlet
    Server Admin
    • Topics started: 9
    • Replies: 37
    • Total posts: 46
    • PM user

Hello there!

I would say that you should not give a punishment, I’ll give you why here:

1. Your parents might only let you play one more round before dinner and we say that round is HnS for example. You might had a zues or something you didn’t know about (that happens alot) and you get slayed, you’re eating your food and tries to log in and it says “You have been banned” (something like that)
    2. Your computer might turn off in the middle of the round and when you’re trying to get back, you’re banned.
    3. Something happens overall and you need to leav quickly too help your mom, dad etc. When you get back, banned…

The list goes on, I do know that it isnt fun when ppl do it for the sake of not to have a punishment for the rebel stuff you did, but it doesen’t mean that you did leave on purpose on that. And if everyone knows that so can they just go AFK anyways so I personaly don’t see why you should give a punishment for that. And that also means you NEED to stay on the server to not get banned and that doesen’t make it any fun for the player that they aren’t allowed too leave without a ban…

I do hope you get my point.

//Lithlet

~ Admin ~
    ~ Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lithlet/ ~

Bohtar
    • PM user

And that is why I was thinking if the person “hops”. Joining inbetween rounds to check if 2 rounds have passed. Or if it happens multiple times then we can have our suspicion on the player and can issue a warning and or even ban him.

We don’t necessary need to ban/kick the person right away but more like wait and see how often it happens.

//Bohtar

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Bohtar.

Opasa
    • Topics started: 3
    • Replies: 14
    • Total posts: 17
    • PM user

I don’t think this will be a good thing to ban or kick them for a “hopp” I think that the developers should try and make a plugin so that when someone has a punishment round a admin or maybe even a vip could type /punish (name/id) (rounds), and if they logout while they have punishment rounds they will only get slayed once when they log back in.

//Opasa

http://steamcommunity.com/id/OpasaVip/

Name: Opasa

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Opasa.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Opasa. Reason: I was just fixing it to make it look better

http://steamcommunity.com/id/OpasaVip/
    I am currently vip at surfburken.
    Find me on Surfburken server #15 Jailbreak

Bohtar
    • PM user

This is a great idea and I thought of something similar. But making a whole new plugin would take a while to make and we could resort to the kick/ban idea whilst the new plugin is being implemented (If the server admins/owners find this whole punishment fitting.

//Bohtar

FreakshoW
    • Topics started: 6
    • Replies: 310
    • Total posts: 316
    • PM user

Nej, att banna spelare som lämnar efter att ha rebellat under en speciallekar kommer vi inte att börja med.

Meningen med straffrundor är att spelarna inte så lättvindigt inte ska rebella under rundor som kräver att alla följer särskilda regler för att det ska vara möjligt att genomföra speciella lekar, t ex HnS. I nuläget så är straffet (om warden väljer att införa straff) för att rebella under en sådan runda upp till 2 rundors slay. Det betyder att de nästkommande två rundorna så får spelaren inte vara med. Hur en spelare missar de nästkommande rundorna gör ingen skillnad varken för oss eller spelarna på servern, det kan vara via slay, att spelaren sätter sig i spec, att spelaren disconnectar eller att spelaren tar kill.

En sak som är viktig att komma ihåg är att vi ska inte hålla på att straffa spelare bara för att straffa någon. I det scenario där en spelare lämnar i 5-20 minuter så gör det absolut ingen skillnad om en admin bannar personen i 5 minuter, så varför göra det? Allt det gör är skapa mer arbete för admins utan att ge något som helst resultat på servern.

En annan sak som också är viktigt att komma ihåg är att vi ska inte banna folk för varje sak som görs fel på servarna. Att bli bannad är ett hårt straff som inte ska användas om inte absolut nödvändigt. Detta gäller inte bara i den aktuella frågan utan även generellt: admins ska inte använda ban som standardstraff, det är något som är en sista utväg ifall inget annat sätt att straffa en spelare på är möjligt och/eller passande. En ban innebär att spelaren inte kan spela på någon av våra servrar under tiden denne är bannad. I det här fallet, där allt spelaren gjort är bryta mot en regel som ska straffas med slay, så är det ett alldeles för hårt straff (även om det bara är 5 minuter) för det regelbrott som begåtts.

När det gäller att bygga in en straffunktion i pluginet så är det en ganska bra idé. Dock så är det inte vi som utvecklar pluginsen som vi använder så det vi i bästa fall kan göra är att kontakta utvecklarna och vidarebefordra idén till dem.

Det är jättebra att ni kommer med idéer och förslag och diskuterar dem här på forumet, det kan generera nya idéer till regler eller öka förståelsen för de regler som redan finns.

~ Admin responsible / Senior administrator responsible / Game server rules ~
    ~ Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lodbroke/ ~
    ~ Contact Email: FreakshoW@surfburken.se ~

Bohtar
    • PM user

Thanks fore replying to me. I totally agree with your thoughts and opinion on this topic. This whole idea came from a few players on the server who wanted to do something against these people who skip their punishment rounds and they asked me to bring it up to the admins. Declined or not I’m happy that I could get my and other players opinion out there.

//Bohtar

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.