Admin Application

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  FreakshoW 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 206 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Zhuk
    Server Admin
    • Topics started: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total posts: 2
    • PM user

– First name: Cagatay
    – Age(15+): 23
    – Full STEAM ID: STEAM_1:0:30510683
    – Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/zhukygo/
    – Nickname you use: Zhuk

*1. What game and server do you wish to apply for?

Counter Strike Global Offensive. Server 13, the US server.

*2. Why do you want to be an administrator for SURFBURKEN, what do you think you can improve and what difference could you make for the community?

I like to keep to community clean, it is no fun for anyone when people cheat, or use cheap tricks to be able to gain credits, as well as bad language that is used to make people feel bad and ruin the game for everybody. In addition to that, I really like the server, i only get about 20 ping and i like the people that are playing in the server.

*3. Have you worked with servers before and if so, for how long?

About 10 years ago I owned a server with a couple people. It was for about 6 months until one of the other owners decided we wanted to have more power over the server which led to the server dividing in half.

*4. Do you have any experience of Sourcemod / Sourcebans or server commands overall from before? (If you don’t have any, we will learn you the basics of understanding Sourcemod/Sourcebans).

As I mentioned, I did own a server however I cannot recall if the system we had was called sourcemod. The server was in Counter Strike Source, CS GO didn’t exist back then. We had a menu where in game we could kick, ban, and mute people. I would still need to be taught how to use it since it has been a long time.

*5. Do you know how the Sourcemod menu works and it’s functions? (If you don’t know we will explain the basics and show you).

Regardless of the system being the same as the one we used for our servers back in the day, I would still need to be reminded of how the sourcemod menu works.

*6. Do you think you are suitable as an administrator and, if so, why?

I believe that I am suitable in regards that I play quite a lot and I really enjoy playing in this specific server. I have been playing from the opening day which is 2-3 days ago there fore I already know many regulars in the server as well as few admins and they are all a lot of fun to play with. I do not like players cheating and using foul language, just today I called an admin for a situation where I didn’t know if the player was cheating or not, just wanted to make sure he was alright. I have read all the rules and I’ve played a lot in the past 2-3 days there fore I have enough knowledge to enforce them. 

*7. How much would you play every week, will you be active and play inside our servers watching over them regularly?

Since the opening of server #13, I have played over 12 hours, which was only 3 days ago therefore i can play quite a lot, especially these next few months. Even after, I can easily play the minimum amount of time required for a week, which I believe is 5 hours. I play in this server a lot there fore I’ll actively play in the server.

(Describe in details) What would you do if you saw:

*8a) Two players arguing in the server, doesn’t look like they’re gonna stop soon.

It depends on what kind of argument it is and whether or not they are bothering other players. If the argument gets very heated with a lot of bad words and such I would try to talk to them to figure out what the problem is. If it is something that I can solve, then everybody is happy, otherwise if they start bothering other players I would mute them both. Or kick to teach them a lesson. If they do this in multiple occasions, ban could be a good option.

I could also put them in spectator so that people won’t hear their argument until they solve it!

*8b) The player named FizKy is harassing you (You’re the ADMIN)

As long as he/she is not using racist, sexist, or foul language, and if he/she isn’t bothering other players, I am fine with FizKy harassing me. Many people try to annoy those who are better players than them there fore I take it as a complement. 

*8c) A player is cheating in the server. (Wallhack, Aimbot etc)

If someone is using WH or Aimbot, they would be banned permanently. I would also clip them for proof.

*9. In what country do you live and which city? (Only mention the city).

I live in Miami, US.

*10. How many hours do you consider you have played on the server that you are applying for?

Many hours, I already have 12 hours in the server in 2-3 days, even if I don’t play as much as i played in these past couple days, I would still be playing a lot.

*11a) Tell us a little about yourself:

My name is Cagatay and I am 23 years old. I have recently graduated from college, and currently doing some business in Miami. Gaming is a hobby of mine and when I am home I play a lot. I am originally from Turkey however I have been living in Miami for the past  5-6 years.

PS. Cagatay = Chatai

*11b) Do you have any other skills or interests that might be useful to SURFBURKEN such as server management, Photoshopping etc.?

I only do gaming for fun, I am not the most talented at video games. I do not have an editing software to edit videos, or Photoshop software for photoshopping. I did study management and I could possible help with that however it is not my intention to.

*12. Do you have anything else to add for your application, anything else you would like to mention or say?

It is always most fun when you play with people that are positive. Even though competitiveness add another element to gaming you can be competitive and be positive in the same time and that is what I aim to achieve.

*13. Do you understand all of the information provided and the rules before submitting this application? (Only a YES or NO statement).

YES

*14. Will you be active on the forum?

I am not sure, I have never been on a forum like this. If how the forum works is explained to me then I can easily be active although I do not know what is going on in the forum therefore I cannot promise anything.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  SkippY.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Zhuk.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Zhuk.
    • This topic was modified 1 week ago by  Zhuk.
    • This topic was modified 1 week ago by  Zhuk.

SkippY
    • Topics started: 26
    • Replies: 492
    • Total posts: 518
    • PM user

Moved the post so it became a new topic.

SURFBURKEN Founder
    Email: jonatan.andersson@surfburken.se
    Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SkippYftw/

FreakshoW
    • Topics started: 6
    • Replies: 340
    • Total posts: 346
    • PM user

You missed the first part of the application:

– First name:
    – Age(15+):
    – Full STEAM ID: (Example: STEAM_0:1:30974481)
    – Steam Profile: (Example: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TUSK3N)
    – Nickname you use

Please answer those either by editing your post or making another post here. Without this information we can and will not consider your application.

~ Admin responsible / Senior administrator responsible / Game server rules ~
    ~ Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lodbroke/ ~
    ~ Contact Email: FreakshoW@surfburken.se ~

Zhuk
    Server Admin
    • Topics started: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total posts: 2
    • PM user

I have edited the post and added the part you required.

Thank you!

Profile photo of Nomad
    Nomad
    Server Admin
    • Topics started: 4
    • Replies: 19
    • Total posts: 23
    • PM user

+Rep

• Although you’ve only played 12hrs you already seem to fit right in
    • You’re very nice to everyone and very helpful
    • You actively seeked me and Maj.frost out to learn the rules even after reading them and you seem to grasp them very well
    • I think your attitude would fit in greatly as an admin.
    • You’re based in the US meaning you can be active when everyone else on the server is.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by Profile photo of Nomad Nomad. Reason: Xtreme grammar cop

Xtreme
    Server Admin
    • Topics started: 5
    • Replies: 49
    • Total posts: 54
    • PM user

You will get a big +rep from me because:

– You behave on the server and you dont cause any problems

– You know the rules and i haven’t seen you brake any either

-You have a nice attitude and deserve to become admin

-You have a lot of playime considering that the server has only been up for approximately 4 days

Good luck

//Xtreme

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Xtreme.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Xtreme.

FreakshoW
    • Topics started: 6
    • Replies: 340
    • Total posts: 346
    • PM user

Hello Cagatay, I have read your application and I will accept your application based on the these reasons:

–You have experience of soucecommands and the administrive parts in CS.
    –You have recommendations from other admins.
    –You have written a good application with well thought out answers.

I am going to set you up as a Trial Admin for the time being. If all goes well you will get promoted to Admin after 3-4 weeks.

I want you to contact me on steam; http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lodbroke or on our TeamSpeak: teamspeak.surfburken.se:10027.
    So we can talk further about your new position.

Also I want you to read these four links (you need to be logged in to read them):
    How to record a player
    Sourcemod /Sourcebans
    Information for admins
    Guideline for general rules

~ Admin responsible / Senior administrator responsible / Game server rules ~
    ~ Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lodbroke/ ~
    ~ Contact Email: FreakshoW@surfburken.se ~
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Accepted Applications’ is closed to new topics and replies.