General 'CS:S DUST2 ONLY' rant

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  final fantasy 2 weeks, 3 days ago. This post has been viewed 551 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pzl
    pzl
    • Topics started: 1
    • Replies: 2
    • Total posts: 3
    • PM user

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Admins and fellow plebs.

Gonna write this in English, as last time I wrote a protest in Norwegian you didn’t understand it and I had to rewrite it in English.

While playing today I had a situation with Final Fantasy. I caught him bunnyhopping and called him out on it, it resulted in him permanently gagging me.  Chatlog of the incident can be found here (If I removed anything any of us said, I apologize. You probably have your own chatlogs to confirm).  This post is not so much about this incident, but if you could remove my permanent gag that would be appreciated.

I’ve had my periods of bunnyhopping, longjumping, strafejumping (or whatever you want to call it), and generally being careless about the rules, but for the most part I do my best to stick to them, especially during the past year or so. I might be a bit blunt in the way I say things in chat, but I don’t feel like its too much in any way.

I’m not here to discuss whether or not any of you think I cheat, but rather the way I (and possibly others) get treated at times. Being accused of cheating can be a good ego boost at times, but it gets really tiresome when you have to defend yourself every single time you get a frag (most of you have stopped the ‘random’ accusations and I appreaciate that).

I’ve offered several of you to add me on steam to discuss it there, (so far Oakie is the only one who has accepted) because it doesn’t look good in any way to have a discussion like the one me and Final Fantasy had in allchat. Don’t get me wrong, all of you for the most part do a great job making sure play on the server is good and fair.

This post ended up being a bit all over the place, and formatting might not be ideal, but I hope I got my point across.

pzl

Nomad
    • Topics started: 4
    • Replies: 36
    • Total posts: 40
    • PM user

Hey, this is definitely not my place to speak about actions of other, especially on servers I don’t play on, I’m only telling you that the gag was not peramanent and has expired. Might be nice to know 🙂

Server Manager
    Message me on steam or send an email if you need help or have found a bug.
    Steam
    nomad@surfburken.se

Profile photo of pzl
    pzl
    • PM user

As far as I’m aware it was permanent and one of the Head Admins removed it manually earlier today. Thats what I was told anyway.
    I was being automatically gagged whenever I joined the server, or when the map restarted.

Nomad
    • Topics started: 4
    • Replies: 36
    • Total posts: 40
    • PM user

Weird, okay, I might have misinterpreted soucebans then, anyway good to hear that you are ungagged 🙂

Server Manager
    Message me on steam or send an email if you need help or have found a bug.
    Steam
    nomad@surfburken.se

final fantasy
    Server Admin
    • Topics started: 3
    • Replies: 17
    • Total posts: 20
    • PM user

hey PZL sorry for not responding back too you but i have been away for 2 days and i had no internet. You saw me ”bhop” but i jump on the box then on the floor, and you thought it was bhop, I was trying to explain too you that it wasn’t bhop but you wont listen,

yet you continued to complain, and that’s the reason i decided too GAG you bescuse I didn’t want any argument between us. You were onyl gagged for a bit of time not permanent.

next time feel free too add me and we can talk in chat, too avoid writing in allchat so other players can see, If you are not comfortable with it.

best regards 🙂

// Final Fantasy

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  RE.run.
    Profile photo of pzl
    pzl
    • PM user

What I saw was clearly a bhop, and not two individual jumps with a pause between. Not that it matters now as neither of us have proof to our claims.

Of course I’m going to complain. In my experience some of you seem to be okay with playing outside of the rules, whereas the rest of us sometimes get instant kicks for barely stepping between whats allowed and whats not.

I don’t mind personally discussing these things in allchat, but it looks silly on your (all of Surfburken) part when discussions like these are out in the open.

final fantasy
    Server Admin
    • Topics started: 3
    • Replies: 17
    • Total posts: 20
    • PM user

hey PZL i understand you, i know the rules myself and iam trying to avoid and not bhop we do our best to follow the rules.  i should not have GAG you so fast like i did and for that iam sorry and i like to apologize for that behaver.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.