Admin application

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hylken 2 months ago. This post has been viewed 181 times

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Defender
    • Topics started: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total posts: 2
    • PM user

– First name:Mike
    – Age(15+):15
    – Full STEAM ID:STEAM_0:1:76729788
    – Steam Profile:
    – Nickname you use: Defender

*1. What game and server do you wish to apply for?

Counter Strike Global Offensive. Server 13 (the U.S. server).

*2. Why do you want to be an administrator for SURFBURKEN, what do you think you can improve and what difference could you make for the community?

I just want to clear the server from anyone who is messing with other players, people who are stopping other people from having a good time, and any other players who are violating the rules. I really enjoy server 13, it is very fun to surf while fighting and I would hate to see people come on and ruin it for other people or me.

*3. Have you worked with servers before and if so, for how long?

About 1 year ago I tried to make a server for me and a couple of my friends but after about a month we really didn’t have anyone playing so we abandoned it and deleted it because there was never anyone on.

*4. Do you have any experience of Sourcemod / Sourcebans or server commands overall from before? (If you don’t have any we will teach you the basics of Sourcemod/Sourcebans).

Even though I had a bad server before, we did not need to go into source stuff. I have a little experience with server commands overall but with sourcemod and sourcebans I don’t have any.

*5. Do you know how the Sourcemod menu works and it’s functions? (If you don’t know we will explain the basics and show you).

I belive I do but I would probably need to be shown anyways just because I may be thinking of something else.

*6. Do you think you are suitable as an administrator and, if so, why?

I do think I am very suitable I play on the server about 2-3 hours a day and sometimes more, I am very nice to all of the players and I know basically all of the rules. I started playing about a day after the server was started and I have started seeing a little bit of rule violation and I think I would be able to help put a stop to that. I know almost all the people that play daily and they mostly know me now. And like I said before I hate to see players that ruin the game for other players and I want to clear those players out of these servers and make the game good for everyone.

*7. How much would you play every week, will you be active and play inside our servers watching over them regularly?

I have played on this server like a day after it came out and I play like 2-3 hours a day so I will probably play like 15+ hours a week and probably an additional 5 hours of time watching over players or on the forums.

(Describe in details) What would you do if you saw:

*8a) Two players arguing in the server and it doesn’t look like they are going stop soon.

It really depends on what kind of argument it is. If it is one violating the rules and/or messing with other players I will try to talk it out and get them to get along or if they do not listen further action will be taken such as muting or even kicking. If they come back on and repeat these arguments many times this could result in ban. If they are filling up the voice chat with loud arguing, I would start with a mute though.

*8b) The player named FizKy is harassing you (You’re the ADMIN)

If he or she is not violating the rules in any way (such as racist, sexist, offensive language ect) or he or she isn’t messing with other players I would be alright with it. Sometimes people try to harass me but in a way they are just saying I’m a good player.

*8c) A player is cheating on the server. (Wallhack, Aimbot etc)

If a player is wallhacking, aimboting, ect they will be permanently banned and I will record them with my screen recorder and post it on the forums for additional proof. Also I would use Sourceban.

*9. In what country and city do you live in?

I live in Ann Arbor, U.S.

*10. How many hours have you played on the server that you are applying for?

In the past few days on server #13 I have played 13 hours total and I will play different amounts on different days but I will still be playing almost the same everyday.

*11a) Tell us a little about yourself:

My name is Mike (15 years old) I started playing CS:GO about 1-2 years ago when some of my friends from school told me about it. I love to game but I also love to play sports such as soccer and football and I also love to play with my new dog.

*11b) Do you have any other skills or interests that might be useful to SURFBURKEN such as server management, Photoshopping etc.?

I mostly just want to be an admin to help keep the server fun for others but I do know some basic photoshop and have some skills with photoshop and video editing but I am no pro at it.

*12. Do you have anything else to add for your application, anything else you would like to mention or say?

I just want to keep this server at a fun enviroment and make sure everyone is having a great time. It also really bothers me when I see something like a hacker or someone messing with other people and I can’t do anything about it.

*13. Do you understand all of the information provided and the rules before submitting this application? (Only a YES or NO statement).

*14. Will you be active on the forum?

Like I said before I will probably be on the forum and spectating people about 5 hours a week so I will be on the forum, but most likely I will only be on the forum about an hour a week.

• Topics started: 11
    • Replies: 154
    • Total posts: 165
    • PM user

Hello Mike, I have read your application and I will accept your application based on the these reasons:

–You have some experience the administrive parts in CS.
    –You have written a good application.

I am going to set you up as a Trial Admin for the time being. If all goes well you will get promoted to Admin after 3-4 weeks.

I want you to contact me on steam; or on our TeamSpeak:

Also I want you to read these four links (you need to be logged in to read them):
    How to record a player.
    Sourcemod / SourceBans
    Rules for admins.
    General Rules.

Surfburken CEO

"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Accepted Applications’ is closed to new topics and replies.